Wednesday, January 16, 2008

no other gods before me.

Today is Wednesday. Wednesday was so named to honor Woden, the chief Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic god. Woden is the leader of the Wild Hunt. Woden is from wod "violently insane" + -en "headship". He is identified with the Norse Odin.

The Greek and Roman people named it after their other gods, Mercury and Hermes. If anybody who has studied all those pagan gods thinks that this info is wrong, please tell me.

Mercury is the Roman god of commerce, travel, thievery, eloquence and science. He is the messenger of the other gods.

Hermes is the Greek god of commerce, invention, cunning, and theft. He is the messenger and herald of the other gods. He serves as patron of travelers and rogues, and as the conductor of the dead to Hades.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before, me.

Psa 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa 115:5 They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
Psa 115:6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
Psa 115:7 They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
Psa 115:8 They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
Psa 115:9 O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.

These are the verses I think of in connection to false gods or idols. I always wonder how people can trust those gods to watch over them when those gods were made. My God was never made, He was always there, ans He is the only One that I am able to trust in.

I don't know why I just wrote about gods, but it was the first thing that came to mind. I am going to bed now, tomorrow I get to try out a wii.

10 comments:

Granny Kate said...

What is a wii?

PJ said...

well sarah all your mythology correct. no mishaps. there is alot of interesting mythology and I've read a lot of it. not much on the norse though. did you know that hades was not the ruler of hell as most people think, he was just the ruler of the dead. not fire and enteral(sp) pain. also mercury is a Roman god, and hermes is a Greek god. people tend to mix Roman and Greek gods together. The wii is a great consule. you can play tennis and golf and bowling. and a lot of other games. you can use it for internet as well. and playing with the kitties. they like the remote.

Anonymous said...

ok, this is confusing. whats the difference between a ruler of the dead and a conductor of the dead?

Anonymous said...

hmm, does one like, rule over all the dead people and one conduct them to where they want to go?

PJ said...

yes hermes is to take the guide the souls a crossed the river of life to death and they can't with a person to use the boat. and hade is the one who rules them in the land of the dead. as in makes sure that they stay dead and don't come back to haunt people. there is not choice for the dead where they go they all go to the same place in the Greek mythology. sometime I will put a big thing on the Greek gods on my blog but not for a bit.

PJ said...

sry I meant can't without a person to use the boat.

zorg said...

Ah, I see. Weird, how do people believe all that.

PJ said...

I thought you would be the one to know about that with what your Dad has been preaching on wednesday. Its all from Satan. It's one of Satan's lies to keep people from God.

zorg said...

I know why, just, how peoples eyes are so blinded. Its hard to write what I am trying to say.

PJ said...

I know just what you mean.