Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some verses from bible today

James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15: For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

16: But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.


Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.


Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

5 comments:

PJ said...

Very well put together Sarah. Each one of those would have to be some of my favorites that keep me going in the right direction.

zorg said...

the chapter i was reading was called "i want my life to matter" and it was about letting God choose the paths you are to take and to stop trying to be the one in control.the whole book was very interesting and helpful, i think i really needed it.

PJ said...

chapter in what book??

zorg said...

In school I have a course/subject (whatever) called Bible. And I am reading a book called God's will, God's best.

Anonymous said...

When I listen to the Spurgeon's sermon about vessel of mercy (on sermonaudio), there is one sentence that he said which attracts my attention:
"when a person seeks God's mercy, God intented to give him (her)".
(something like that but I understand what he want to say :-))

http://mp3.sa-media.com/media/7104115950/7104115950.mp3
(A Sermon of Self-Examination: Romans 9:23, 24)