Wednesday, January 9, 2008

pinocchio is a loser

Biology is difficult; I wouldn't consider it a thorn in the flesh, but its getting there. I am still on cells and I probably will still be on cells next week, and the next. Its just so confusing and intricate and mind boggling and amazing all at the same time. There is know way a soup that was simmering for billions of years could have made all this, it had to have required a Creator, and it did. I always tell Chelsea that it was in the beginning God, not in the beginning bang. That being said, I feel a bit better about the possibility if flunking the test, at least I will have learned a lot this module. But then you never know, I may pass with a good grade, who knows.

I really enjoy prayer meeting, its refreshing even though I have this block about praying out loud. By my self or with, like one person I'm fine but in a large group I sometimes feel as though I am repeating. When I was helping Judith this past weekend, we talked a while before we went to bed and we prayed together, it was good. Its so easy to talk to her because she listens so well, the two ears and one mouth thing come in a lot:) I had been thinking about this one thing all day and it was bothering me a little, so I told Judith about it and she gave me counsel and advice and then left it at that. With my mom, and I don't like this, but whenever we talk it almost always turns into an argument. There are to sides to every story, but sometimes to me it seems as though she is talking to a little child in her eyes instead of a teenager. Like I don't know anything and whatever she says (remember this is a conversation, not a correction) I have to do and I don't have a choice. I cant think through her advice and make decisions, I have to do it. I know I still have a lot to learn and mom is way older than me a and knows more, but sometimes, I don't know. Then this other thing with my attitude. My parents say that I have a bad attitude a lot when I talk to them, and even though I may not be thinking the way the say I am talking, I must be because thats the way I sound. They say that I'm just so used to talking that way that I do it with out thinking. Somehow I just don't agree with that completely. I would like to have a normal conversation with my parents with out an argument happening and with out anybody saying that I am being disrespectful or have a bad attitude, because that just shuts things down for me and I don't feel like talking any more after that. Something to pray about; hopefully I haven't gone to far in what I am writing but I have been wanting to write it all out for a long time and I was not sure if I should.

I told my dad I would only be a another 20 minutes and thats how long it took me to carefully write all that out.

7 comments:

PJ said...

its good to write how one feels and talk to others. and I think it happens to all people at some point. I talk to my dad and everything we talk about seems like something he has said to me before and I already know about it but because I normally don't talk to anyone what goes through my head with anything I think he tends to think that I am not listening, I know what you mean and all, but one thing that I remember to keep me in the right place is that God, Dad, and Mom knows best.

Twinklemoose said...

I feel your pain! Being a teenager is very, very hard. You're starting to reason things through for yourself and you feel like you need more freedom to make your own choices and even mistakes. Know that the transition time really does end and you will become an adult in their eyes very soon. When you feel a fight coming on, hug them instead. Or you could do like Paul and say "you big meany-boo" but that might sound disrespectful, so maybe "With all due respect, I think you're being a big meany-boo and now I'm going to hug you." Sylvia T.

Anonymous said...

#1 friend
your website is asome do you have a pic of a dog or do you?

zorg said...

yes, i have pictures of dogs. why?

Granny Kate said...

Now that we've had time to talk about this privately :) I would like you to qualify the "almost always" statement about our conversations turning into arguments. Can you give me a percentage, such as 8 out of 10, or 72%, or something like that? I didn't think it was that bad, but maybe I'm a bigger meanyboo than I thought?

Always remember I love you. :) {{{big hug}}}

Anonymous said...

HELLO YOU I LIKE TO ASK QESUTION DO YOU?????? DO YOU THINK TYPING IS FUN I DO?????? WELL I NEED TO GO BYE. AND PINOCCHIO IS A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zorg said...

Ok, calm down. Seriously, you seem a bit hyper. I like typing, but only because I can type fast. If I typed slow then I wouldn't like it. Pinocchio is a loser because he lies, and people who lie are losing.